The course from CompTIA that allows to get the CompTIA Security+ certification is quite popular. It provides you with all the basic knowledge for becoming a professional technician in IT security career. It also comes with required details and information in order to prepare for the SY0-401 exam. It covers each and every concept and principle important for risk management and network security.
On the completion of the course, the students will be prepared for getting the certification, develop required skills, find out the best job, and look for career promotion. The course is also a recommended study tool for people looking for advance job reference.
This CompTIA certification course helps in developing skills that are required by a professional hacker regarding networking and security. The training is opted by professionals who are dealing with devices, securing network services, traffic, etc. The course gives all the necessary experience for providing the companies with networks, security fundamentals, organizational security, and much more. The training material is an authenticated piece from the CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum.
- Approved by government
- Recognized worldwide
- Helps in earning more
- Supports the IT industry
- For obtaining success in the course, the individual needs to have the skills and understanding of the basics of Windows, the computer system, and the concepts of networking. The students can receive these skills from the CompTIA Network+ course that provides experience and understanding in networking and configuration of security parameters.
- The other additional courses that may be helpful in preparing the grounds of the course include application of programming and developing, network, and operating system administration on the platform of software.
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Applications, Host Security, and Data Security
- Identity Management and Access Control
- Risk management
- Authentication and authorization
- Host, LAN, and application security
- Wireless, cloud, and mobile security
- Environmental and personnel security and controls
- Security Fundamentals
- Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Managing Data, Host Security, and Applications
- Implementing Network Security
- Implementing Access Control, Account Management, and Authentication
- Managing Certificates
- Implementing Operational Security and Compliance
- Risk Management
- Troubleshooting and Management of Security Incidents
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recover Plans
- The question paper comes with maximum 90 questions.
- The students are given 90 minutes for completing the paper.
- The questions are presented in the multiple-choice and performance-based formats.
- One needs to score 750 for passing the exam.
- The candidates can choose these languages: Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. These languages are available till December 15, 2018.
You can apply now for the new CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam.
- The course is designed for any individual who is preparing for the position related to IT Security
- It is also for the employees looking for enhancing security skills for becoming a CompTIA Security+ certificate holder
- The course is useful for the individuals who are preparing for security tech position
- It is also intended for people looking for administrative skills while working with operating systems like Unix, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.
The CompTIA Security+ course is beneficial in two different ways. It helps you not only in passing the SY0-401/SY0-501 exams, but also in obtaining success in the professional field of computer security. It develops confidence in the seekers for passing the tests along with building computer security skills.
Job roles that can be obtained after getting the certification:
- Security Architect
- Security Engineer
- Security Specialist/Consultant
- Information Assurance Technician
- Security Administrator
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
Organizations like Hitachi Information Systems, Lockheed Martin, Trendmicro, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, etc. are companies that are looking for candidates with the CompTIA Security+ certification.
The basic pay of the certificate holder ranges from around $86,000 to $1,080,899 on yearly basis according to his/her job post.