CASP, also known as CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, is a certificate for the technical specialists with hands-on experience. This credential proves analytical thinking and requires that the candidates carry out the implementation of the various solutions in complicated environments. The preparation course is intended for the professionals of the IT field that come with a minimum experience of 5 years.
The course comes with a number of features:
- Increase in sudden demand
- Vendor neutrality
- Recognized globally
- Approved by the government
- Supported by the IT industry
Hence, the CASP certification will be able to demonstrate the topmost cybersecurity solutions and provide the organizations with protection around the world.
The CAS-002 preparation course is a crucial training that is divided into two different practice test sets for providing information security to a new level. The course should be taken by any individual who is willing to take all the responsibilities of the job, which also includes environments for securing the complex enterprise. It allows you to expand your knowledge about security. This information needs to be applied to advanced principles that help in keeping the organization safe and secure. The IT climate today requires the skilled individuals that are demonstrable. The information and the activities that are included in this course will assist you to develop those skills and confidence for doing your duties.
The course is well-designed for the professionals of the IT field who want to grab a good portion of the technical knowledge and the skills that are required, such as engineer, conceptualization, integrate, implementation, and much more. This comes with secure solutions for the complex environments of the enterprise.
Key points of the course
- How to manage the risk in an enterprise
- Integration of computing, business disciplines, and communication in an enterprise
- How to use analysis and research for securing the enterprise
- The process of integration of the advanced authentication and authorization of the techniques
- Implementation of cryptographic techniques
- Implementation of security controls that help the hosts
- Implementation of security controls for the purpose of storing
- Analyzing the concepts of security networks, its architectures, its components, and implementing controls
- Implementation of security controls for the applications
- Integration of hosts, network, storage, and the applications that are included in the architecture of a secure enterprise
- Conducting that assessments of vulnerability
- Conduction of emergency and incidents that give responses
Labs include the following contents
- Integration of documentation into risk management
- Secure communications and collaboration solutions
- Analyzing scenarios for securing the enterprise
- Implementation of authentication and authorization of technologies
- Selection of cryptographic techniques
- Harden hosts
- Virtualization of servers and desktops
- Protection of boot loaders
- Implementation of secure storage controls
- Configuration of controls regarding network security
- Implementation of application related to security controls
- Selection of vulnerability assessment tools
- Designing the systems for facilitating the incident response
- Conduction of incident and emergency responses
- You will have 165 minutes to complete the exam paper.
- The question paper consists of 90 questions.
- It comes with multiple-choice and performance-based questions.
- There is no scaled score in this exam, a person either fails or passes.
- The test is available only in English.
- The exam requires an experience of minimum 10 years in the field of IT administration, which includes at least 5 years of lab technical security experience.
The CompTIA course is the best for the individuals who are looking for a professional career in the field of IT.
Job posts for a CASP certified professional:
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Information Security Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Information Assurance Analyst
- Information Security Engineer
- Information Assurance Engineer
The salary of the professionals passing the CompTIA CAS-002 test ranges from $77,808 to $113,375 on annual basis.